What should you do for final closure when moving into a new home?
If you’re moving out of your home and into a new one, I have six steps you should take before moving day:
1. Revisit all of your favorite local spots. Go to your favorite burger joint or grab that last slice of your favorite pizza.
2. Host a going away party. You want to make sure you say bye to everyone you’ve grown to know in your neighborhood and community.
3. Take one more walk through the neighborhood. Reflect on all the memories you made there.
4. Take a family photo outside of the old home.
5. Take a family photo outside of the new home. It will be nice to have those two pictures side by side so five, 10, or 20 years from now you and your family can look back at the times you had in both houses.
6. Make plans to visit your old hometown at least once during the first year after you move. Go back and see your friends, let them know what’s going on, and bring some finality to the move.
If you have any questions or are looking to buy or sell a home, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. I look forward to speaking with you soon!